Metalysis’ latest partner, Platina Resources (ASX: PGM) (‘Platina’), has today announced the commencement of our low cost, scandium-rich, master alloy research and development (“R&D”) programme.
- Platina has signed an agreement with Metalysis to assess the technical and commercial viability of utilising their solid state technology to produce master alloy
- Scandium oxide from Platina’s Owendale mine will be tested for the production of a scandium-rich master alloy containing 15X the amount of scandium compared to the conventionally available product
- Potential to significantly reduce the cost of producing the master alloy with a lower environmental footprint compared to traditional melting processes
- Significant cost saving benefits to the end user by offering scandium rich master alloy
- Strategic initiative part of an overall strategy to produce superior master alloy and accelerate the development of the advanced-stage, Owendale scandium project
Platina Resources’ announcement may be viewed in full here